Clips & Pubs
“Beth writes substantive pieces in a concise and highly readable style. She knows how to bring a personal touch to authoritative, service-driven blogs and articles. She also meets deadlines, is easy to work with and responds promptly to questions during the editorial process. I highly recommend her.” — Marilynn Larkin M.A., Editor, February 2012
My two great passions are history and health. I’m a history geek who strives to preserve history by writing about the people, places and things that came before. I’m also a tireless patient advocate who believes all people deserve to be informed about their medical conditions, test results, and overall well-being in order to make educated decisions about treatments and lifestyle choices.
It comes as no surprise, then, that my writing specialties include history, antiques, health reporting and patient eduction.
As a seasoned RN, I answer reader questions on a variety of medical topics at WebMD Answers. Responding to queries that range from “am I pregnant?” to “is it safe for me to take cat wormer?”, I provide resources and information in a friendly way that helps readers find answers to their health questions. On the history side, I cover breaking history news and historical anniversaries as a recurring contributor to the News section of The History Channel’s website. For over a decade, I’ve written about art and antiques for various specialty publications.
Need great print or web content, or perhaps a ghostwriter for your book? To put me to work for your readers, give me a call at 505-750-BETH (2384).
Here’s a list of a few of the outlets I’ve written for, plus clips as URLs or PDFs:
Health and Medical Writing for Consumers and Professionals
- Diabetes Monitor
- Next Avenue
- Yes, You Need a Colonoscopy
- Silent Strokes and Alzheimer’s: Break the Connection
- Diabetes Doesn’t Have to Lead to Eye Trouble
- Is a Reckless Youth Putting Your Liver at Risk?
- How to Stay Safe in the Hospital
- How to Hire a Geriatric Care Manager
- Medication Safety at Home: Practice the Five Rights
- Suffering from Caregiving Chaos? There’s an App for That!
- Choose the Right Home Health Agency – Before You Need It
- How to Cut the Caregiving Costs of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Dividing Family Caregiving Costs Without Splitting the Family
- How to Claim Tax Breaks for Supporting Your Parents
- WebMD Answers Expert, providing substantive, well-researched answers to a wide variety of health and wellness questions posed by the general public
Features and Short Articles on History and the Arts
- AntiqueWeek (and sister publication Antique West)
- Antique Trader
- Collectors News
- Heritage Magazine: for the Intelligent Collector
- Antietam Revisited (login required to view)
- What Happened to Amelia? 9 Tantalizing Theories About the Earhart Disappearance
- Amelia Earhart’s Navigator: The Life and Loss of Fred Noonan
- Beyond Punxsutawney: Meet the Other Groundhogs
- The Day Skylab Crashed to Earth: Facts About the First U.S. Space Station’s Re-Entry
- The Angels of Bataan and Corregidor: 70 Years Later
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Old West
- 9 Tales of Broken Arrows: Thermonuclear Near-Misses Throughout History
- The End of Civilization? 7 Moments in the History of the Doomsday Clock
- Jesse James Wanted Poster Goes Up for Auction
- Emancipation Proclamation Signed by Lincoln for Sale
- 6 Surprising Facts About St. Valentine
- Alchemist’s Art – profile of artist Joel Aaron Glassman
Marketing, Technical and Other Writing Samples
- Pivot Communications
- Vaddio Cameras Assist in On-Demand Medical Training — Case study/feature story